Daisy is a solo mum by choice to her daughter Hope and lives in London with her best friend Anna
- How long have you been a frolo?
I have been a solo parent by choice since deciding to go through with it solo at the age of 21. I froze my embryos for IVF as I was diagnosed with infertility. My daughter is now 13 weeks old.
- Tell us a bit about your frolo family.
There’s me, Daisy: I’m 27 and I got diagnosed with premature infertility at the age of 21 due to stage 5 endometriosis. I had 3 round of egg collection and two cycles of IVF before my perfect daughter Hope was born on 9th June 2020. We live with my best friend called Anna who is helping me raise Hope, which is just magical.
- How do you manage a work-life balance as a single parent?
I’m a private nanny, but I’m obviously taking a break from that at the moment! I’m currently working for a few friends as their PA from home, which is most likely what I will continue to do as I would love to be able to work from home and raise Hope without missing anything.
- What do you like to do when you have time away from Hope?
Hope is currently only 13 weeks old, so I haven’t ventured out anywhere without her yet. To be honest, everything I like doing is in places I can bring her with me: going to restaurants, or to see my family and friends. I’m currently so in awe of her that I don’t want to be away from her!
- What do you like about the Frolo community?
I have found a lot of people on Frolo who are in the same situation as me which is great! We are yet to meet up because of the current pandemic, but hopefully in the near future we can meet which would be amazing!
- Describe parenthood in three words.
Dream come true.
- What advice would you give your younger self?
Not to stress so much about not becoming a mother in the future, as it’s finally here.
- Best parenting advice you’ve ever received?
Don’t listen to unsolicited advice.
- Who or what is your greatest love?
My daughter Hope – I’ve never felt love like it.
- Where is your happy place?
At home with Hope, just living our life together.
- Is there a book you’d like to recommend to other frolos? A podcast?
Mummy made me, by Jodie Grieve. It’s brilliant for solo mummies.
- What is your motto for life?
Live with hope and what’s meant to be will be.
- What is your greatest achievement?
Falling pregnant with Hope via IVF and actually becoming a mother.
- Any regrets?
- Biggest life lesson?
Life throws horrible curve balls at you and you have to be strong to get through them.
- Last time you laughed hard?
Hope was face-timing my mum and she could hear her in the phone so she pushed up her face up against the phone.
- Last time you cried?
Watching One Born Every Minute. It was an episode where someone else was going through IVF and I just know their struggles.
- What song would you add to the Frolo playlist?
Doris Day- Que Sera Sera. I sing it to Hope daily.
- What advice would you give to someone just starting out on their single parent journey?
You are strong. You will be the best parent. You can fulfill both roles. Your love will be so strong.
- What have you learned about yourself through being a single parent?
I’ve learned how strong I am, how confident I am as a parent, and how much love and happiness Hope has in her life.
Thanks for answering our 20 Frolo Questions, Daisy!
You can follow Daisy and Hope’s journey together on Instagram @daisyde05.